Conduction is another method of heat transfer. Conduction enables heat to travel through an object or between two objects in direct contact with each other. The rate of conduction depends on the object's density. The denser the material, the faster the conduction rate. Insulation filled with air makes an excellent component to block conduction.
An insulation's performance is tested and given a measurement known as an R-Value. The R-Value is the resistance to heat flow. Most homes feature cellulose based insulation products that tend to settle over time. As a result, older insulation loses its R-value and becomes inefficient at reducing heat transfer / conduction. Chances are your home is in need of an insulation upgrade. Attic Comfort utilizes a Formaldehyde-free, blow-in loose fill fiberglass insulation as part of our Comfortable Attic Program. Unlike cellulose based insulation, our insulation only settles 1 to 3 percent and won't lose R-value after installation.
Benefits of Climate Pro Insulation
Attic Comfort proudly integrates Climate Pro Formaldehyde-free, blow-in loose fill fiberglass insulation into our Comfortable Attic Program. Climate Pro Insulation, manufactured by Johns Manville:
- maintains its R-Value over time since it doesn't settle like commonly used cellulose insulation;
- improves indoor air quality because it's made without formaldehyde.
- will not rot, mildew or otherwise deteriorate;
- is easily blown into your attic and fills small gaps and voids completely;
- is lightweight and will not make your ceilings sag due to excessive weight;
- is non-corrosive and won't accelerate corrosion of your pipes or wiring;
- is fire-resistant and noncombustible;
- controls sound by reducing transmission of sound waves;
- will lower your annual cooling and heating costs by at least 12% with this product alone;
- create a more comfortable environment in your home and attic;
- will increase the value of your home;
- make you eligible for money-saving IRS tax credits*;
- will pay for itself after an average of 2-4 years of energy savings; and
- Help conserve our nation's limited energy supply.
Free, No-Obligation, In-Home Consultation
Attic Comfort wants to make it as easy as possible for you to learn more about the benefits of our Comfortable Attic Program. Contact us to schedule a free, no obligation, in-home consultation. An Attic Comfort energy savings specialist will complete a thorough analysis of your home's attic and recommend a customized Comfortable Attic Program tailored to your needs. Don't delay ... Contact us today! There's no better time than now to maximize your home's energy efficiency and begin reducing your energy costs for years to come.